£24.99 – £84.99
What is Finasteride?
Finasteride 1 mg Tablets contain finasteride. Finasteride belongs to the group of medicines called 5- alpha reductase inhibitors. Your doctor has prescribed Finasteride 1 mg Tablets because you have male pattern hair loss (also known as androgenetic alopecia). Finasteride 1 mg Tablets prevent further hair loss in men. Men with mild to moderate, but not complete hair loss, can benefit from using Finasteride 1 mg Tablets. Finasteride 1 mg Tablets block an important enzyme (Type II 5α-reductase), which is involved in the regulation of the hair follicle. In the scalp, Finasteride 1 mg Tablets specifically lower the levels of DHT, a major cause of male pattern hair loss. In this way, Finasteride 1 mg Tablets help to reverse the balding process and prevent further hair loss.
Do not take Finasteride 1 mg Tablets:
- If you are allergic to finasteride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in Section 6). · If you are a child or adolescent.
- If you are a woman (see also under ‘Pregnancy and breast-feeding’). Finasteride 1 mg Tablets have been found to be ineffective in the treatment of hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) in women in clinical studies.
- If you are already taking finasteride or any other 5α-reductase inhibitor for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or any other condition.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Finasteride 1 mg Tablets
Determination of prostate–specific-antigen (PSA) in serum should be carried out prior to initiating therapy with finasteride and during treatment. Finasteride may affect male fertility. Patients who are planning to father a child should consider stopping treatment. Mood alterations and depression Mood alterations such as depressed mood, depression and, less frequently, suicidal thoughts have been reported in patients treated with Finasteride 1 mg. If you experience any of these symptoms stop taking Finasteride 1 mg and contact your doctor for further medical advice as soon as possible. Other medicines and Finasteride 1 mg Tablets: Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. Finasteride 1 mg Tablets do not usually interfere with other medicines. No information is available on the use of Finasteride 1 mg Tablets together with topical (applied to the skin) minoxidil in male pattern hair loss. The combination is not recommended.
Taking Finasteride 1 mg Tablets with food and drink: Finasteride 1 mg Tablets can be taken with or without food.
Possible Side Effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of the side effects are temporary with continued treatment or disappear when treatment is stopped. Stop taking Finasteride 1 mg Tablets and immediately contact a doctor if you have any of the following experience:
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction: swelling of your lips, face, tongue and throat; difficulty swallowing; lumps under your skin (hives) and breathing difficulties.
- Depression (feelings of severe sadness and unworthiness). You should promptly report to your doctor any changes in the breast tissue such as lumps, pain, enlargement of the breast tissue or nipple discharge as these may be signs of a serious condition, such as breast cancer Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- less desire to have sex
- difficulty having an erection
- problems with ejaculation such as a decrease in the amount of semen released during sex.
How do I buy Finasteride online?
You can safely buy Finasteride online at My Doctor Now. You need to go through an online consultation with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied, this is subject to approval. The online consultation will ensure that it is the right medication for your medical condition.
28 Tablets, 56 Tablets, 84 Tablets, 164 Tablets