What is Mysimba?
Mysimba contains 2 active substances: naltrexone hydrochloride and bupropion hydrochloride and is used in obese or overweight adults to manage weight together with a reduced calorie diet and physical exercise. This medicine works on areas on the brain involved in the control of food intake and energy expenditure. Obesity in adults over 18 years of age is defined as a body mass index of greater than or equal to 30 and overweight in adults over 18 years of age is defined as a body mass index greater than or equal to 27 and less than 30. The body mass index is calculated as the measured body weight (kg) divided by the measured height squared (m2 ). Mysimba is approved for use in patients with an initial body mass index of 30 or greater; it can also be given to those with a body mass index between 27 and 30 if they have additional weight-related conditions such as controlled high blood pressure (hypertension), type 2 diabetes or high levels of lipid (fat) in the blood. Mysimba may be discontinued by your doctor after 16 weeks if you have not lost at least 5 percent of your initial body weight. Your doctor may also recommend stopping treatment if there are concerns about increased blood pressure, or other concerns with the safety or tolerability of this medicine.
What you need to know before you take Mysimba?
Do not take Mysimba:
- if you are allergic to naltrexone, to bupropion or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if you have an abnormally high blood pressure (hypertension) that is not controlled using a medicinal product;
- if you have a condition that causes fits (seizures) or if you have a history of fits;
- if you have a brain tumour;
- if you are usually a heavy drinker and you have just stopped drinking alcohol, or are going to stop while you are taking Mysimba;
- if you have recently stopped taking sedatives or medicines to treat anxiety (especially benzodiazepines), or if you are going to stop them while you are taking Mysimba;
- if you have a bipolar disorder (extreme mood swings);
- if you are using any other medicines which contain bupropion or naltrexone;
- if you have an eating disorder or had one in the past (for example, bulimia or anorexia nervosa);
- if you are currently dependent on chronic opiates or opiate agonists (for example methadone), or you are going through acute withdrawal (cold turkey);
- if you are taking medicines for depression or Parkinson’s disease called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or have taken them in the last 14 days;
- if you have severe liver disease;
- If you have endstage kidney disease.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Mysimba. This is important because some conditions make it more likely that you could have side effects.
If you feel depressed, contemplate suicide, have a history of attempting suicide or any other mental health problems, you should inform your doctor before taking this medicine.
How do I buy Mysimba online?
You can safely buy Mysimba online at My Doctor Now. You need to go through an online consultation with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied, this is subject to approval. The online consultation will ensure that it is the right medication for your medical condition.