What is Vaniqa?
Vaniqa contains the active substance eflornithine. Eflornithine slows down the growth of hair through its effect on a specific enzyme (a protein in the body involved in the production of hair). Vaniqa is used to reduce the growth of excessive hair (Hirsutism) on the face of women older than 18 years of age.
What you need to know before you use Vaniqa?
Do not use Vaniqa:
- If you are allergic to eflornithine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Vaniqa
- tell your doctor of any other medical problems you may be experiencing (especially related to your kidneys or liver).
- If you are unsure whether or not to use this medicine contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice. Excessive growth of hair may be a result of underlying diseases.
Talk to your doctor if you suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or specific hormone producing tumours, or if you take medicines that can induce hair growth, e.g. cyclosporine (following organ transplants), glucocorticoids (e.g. against rheumatic or allergic diseases), minoxidil (against high blood pressure), phenobarbitone (against seizures), phenytoin (against seizures) or hormone replacement therapy with male hormone like effects.
How to use Vaniqa?
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Use twice a day, at least 8 hours apart.
- If you experience irritation (e.g. stinging burning), reduce the use of Vaniqa to once daily until the irritation has gone. If it persists contact your doctor.
- If you have just shaved or used any other hair removal method, wait at least 5 minutes before using Vaniqa. It may sting or burn if you put this cream on cut or irritated skin.
- Clean and dry the areas of the skin where you will be using the cream.
- Apply a thin layer of cream and rub it in thoroughly until no visual residual product remains on the treated areas.
- If possible, do not wash these areas of skin for 4 hours after applying the cream
- Wash your hands after applying the cream.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before using make-up or sunscreen on the same areas.
- When using on the face, avoid contact with your eyes or the inside of your nose or mouth. If you should accidentally get Vaniqa into your eyes, mouth or nose, rinse well with water.
Vaniqa is not a depilatory cream, so you may need to continue with your hair removal method, for example by shaving or plucking.
How do I buy Vaniqa online?
You can safely buy Vaniqa online at My Doctor Now. You need to go through an online consultation with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied, this is subject to approval. The online consultation will ensure that it is the right medication for your medical condition.